EBONews - Online Advertising and Marketing

Tips and information on advertising online, website promotion, business and marketing.

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Should You Try Safelist Advertising?

Awhile back I decided to give safelist advertising a try. I had always thought that it probably wouldn't be worth the effort as most people use an email account that they can just go in and empty every now and then. I didn't think that my ads would get a response. But, I would never know for sure until I tried it.

I decided to give YourAdBlaster a try as they said that their lists were the highest quality email lists in marketing and all the members had to opt-in and verify their memberships. So there was no chance of anyone accusing anyone else of spam.

YourAdBlaster is a software program that you download to access their safelists.

Once I got everything set up, (be sure to open another email account, such as Yahoo Mail for this) I started receiving thousands of emails. I was still unsure at that time if this would work. However, when I would go in to start deleting, some ad headlines would catch my attention and I actually opened them. So I was thinking that maybe others do the same.

I started watching my website's stats and sure enough, I was getting lots of hits to my website from email programs, most of them from Yahoo Mail. My sales also picked up which I believe was because of using the safelists. So safelists definitely are another source of advertising that does work.

YourAdBlaster is not free. There is one time memebership fee to access their safelists.

Since I started safelist marketing, I have found some lists that are free to join:

Optin Planet - Free Members can post many times a day as long as they have the credits. To get credits you have to open other members' emails and click on the credit link at the bottom. This guarantees that all members emails are opened. Free Members get 40 credits for each email they open and click the link. Pro Members get 80 credits for opening and clicking the link. So you will want to try to have some good ad copy in the body of your emails as well as a good headline to entice people to click on over to your website as well as clicking the link to earn mailing credits.

Killer Safelist - Free Members can post to the list once a day.

Big Blue Safelist. - Free Members can post once everyday. To be able to post, you must first earn mailing credits. You earn these by clicking on a link in other members' emails. This guarantees that all members emails are opened. So you will want to try to have some good ad copy in the body of your emails as well as a good headline to entice people to click on over to
your website as well as clicking the link to earn mailing credits.

To get a good response from your safelist ads, as with the Free Classifieds you need to write good attention-getting headlines. Also be consistent. Try to post your ads to the safelists everyday.

This next free program is one I highly recommend. It is much more than a safelist.
Click4Ads - It is guaranteed that people will visit your website. As a member you will receive points for viewing other members banner ads, text link ads and solo email ads which can be redeemed for an advertisement of your choice, which will in turn be viewed by the active membership of webmasters, buyers and sellers. I like the solo email ads. There is a low amount sent out and they bring a good response.