EBONews - Online Advertising and Marketing

Tips and information on advertising online, website promotion, business and marketing.

Friday, November 26, 2004

Update on my Spam Rant post on Nov. 24

The registrar of the spammer's website and the spammer's webhost has posted this reply to my complaint ticket "Domain(s) set to HOLD, web and email are now unusable". So they shut them down, however my problems are not over. The spammer just set up a series of new sites and is still forging my domain's email address in the "From" line.

So if I report these sites to their registrar it is going to take another two weeks to get them shut down. I feel like just giving up, but this is hurting my website's reputation so I have to keep fighting.

A "whois" search on the new domains set up by the spammer, brings up different contact information from the last spammer, a woman in Ohio this time. However, I believe it is the same person with an alias as all the spam emails with my site's address forged on them are identical.

I sent an email to this person and of course it bounced back. So then I sent emails to webmaster at all his/her domains as well as to his/her domain registrar, which this time is Tucows. Hopefully they will be a little quicker in checking out the inaccurate information in the registry and shut them down soon.