EBONews - Online Advertising and Marketing

Tips and information on advertising online, website promotion, business and marketing.

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Free Online Classifieds = Free Back Links

A lot of people will say that Online Classifieds are a
complete waste of time.

I've been using the Free Classifieds in my online
directory at http://everydaybusinessonline.com/adsites.htm
for many years. I certainly would NOT say it was a waste
of time!

When I check my website stats, I see traffic coming
from these free classifieds sites. Plus, posting ads
also gives you free one-way back links to your site.

There are many Free Classifieds sites that have
high PRs. I have been adding the PR of these sites to the
listings in my Free Classifieds Directory.

Here are a couple of the best high PR sites you will want to
keep your ads running all the time and it's free to post.

USfreeads
AdlandPro

Both these sites offer great, very affordable premium
packages to help you get more exposure for your ads.
I have been using the premium services on both these
sites for years. They are very effective!

Before you go placing any ads on the online classifieds,
please read their posting rules and do not abuse these
free services!

The same goes with forums. There are many forums that
will allow you to post free ads in the proper category. This
gives you free back links as well.

I have been having a lot of problems with people posting
junk ads in the free advertising section of my Forum, and as
well as in the "Online Marketing Discussions" category that
clearly states that ads are not allowed in that section.

If it continues, I may just simply delete the forum.

And that's the scary thing. If other webmasters get tired of
people abusing their free services, then they may all simply
remove them as well. Then everyone will HAVE to pay
for all their online advertising.

So PLEASE people, be responsible marketers! And a big
thanks to those marketers who ARE responsible!

Sue Norrad
Everyday Business Online